Thursday, June 25, 2009

La piramide


I am fascinated by Pre-Hispanic history so today was a real treat for me. There is a pyramid just four miles from downtown Queretaro! It is believed that Teotihuacan and Toltec cultures populated this area from around 600 A.D. and later by Chichimecans, Otomis and Tarascans. They call it "El Cerrito" (Little Hill) because that's what everybody thought it was for many years until an excavation began.


Later in the day we got together with Lulu for a little song session focusing on the classics.

Last update tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Julie...We've really enjoyed your blog! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this! I hope you all enjoy these last couple of days.
    Gina Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gina! By the way, I have taken over 400 pictures. I told Spencer that I can copy them to a flash drive and he'll have plenty of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias!! He has a flash drive with him...tell him to just give it to you! And thank you so very much for everything!!!

    ReplyDelete